Tuesday, January 4, 2005

My Goodness!

A spate of good things that are making me happy:

1. The gym is an enjoyable experience for me. Friday, Sunday and Monday workouts have left me feeling great. And, Grady and Liam really love the kids play area, so Liam actually starts shouting "Yay!" when we enter the gym.

2. My sister, Katy, and her fiance, Erik, have decided that their April wedding will be a destination wedding either in the Caribbean or in Mexico. That means an April vacation!

3. We finally received all the bookshelves components from Pottery Barn and Jon helped me install them. They look great in the kids' playroom.

4. Erik Henne , of Hearsay fame, has begun blogging again!

5. Our new home computer, a Dell Dimension 8400, is great. No problems with it. And, because of my job, I'm eligible to purchase Microsoft software at the same rate Microsoft employees pay. So, purchasing Office 2003 was painless.

6. A leak in our water heater led me to believe we needed to replace it, to the tune of $400 - $500, but seems just the Temperature & Pressure valve is malfunctioning. Cost to fix will be in the neighborhood of $50. Feels like someone just handed me $400.

7. The holidays were very relaxing and seemed extra long this year. Always a good thing.

8. Erik gave us Season 1 of The Wire for Christmas, and Colleen and I are hooked. Season 2 is due out on Netflix later this month, just in time to sate our growing addiction.

9. Tivo is all that it was cracked up to be. We're enjoying being able to just watch the segments of Letterman we want, and save some Sesame Streets for the times we let Grady and Liam watch TV. And, when Liam starts on an Elmo rant, I can go directly to that segment.

10. We've been enjoying crystal clear blue skies for the last several days. Cold, but brilliant.

11. I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0, which should arrive by the end of the week. I'll finally get back to posting photos on my main page. Using Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 (a defunct product) just became unsatisfactory for what I want to do with the images from my state-of-the-art digital camera.

No comments: