Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Change of Scenery

At work last week I resigned my spot on the team I'd been with since I got back from my sabbatical last summer. I had slowly come to the realization that the team just wasn't a good spot for me professionally or personally. A combination of factors contributed to the difficult decision (that I don't care to share publicly) to leave a position without another one at the ready. So, I have until March 23 to find another position at the company, or I'll be unemployed. Having worked here more than 8 years makes the thought of leaving scary.

I'm doing some exciting project work that is keeping me busy and is a nice change, but it's not a permanent gig. My goal is to stay with the company, but at my level, it's hard to quickly find a position, so I'm being realistic.

I've built up a lot seniority and experience here that starting over somewhere else would be difficult, especially when I think of the pay & benefits I get now. But, it just may be the kick in the pants I need. It would mean a change of lifestyle, but not too drastically, and it might even be fun (he says with great anxiety). It would be fun, it would be fun, it would be....sigh.

No comments: