Friday, June 24, 2005

Slow Summer Days

No posting for quite a while for me. Just simply nothing to report on. I've been out of work for a month now, and have, simply, been enjoying the relaxation. I've read 5 books, drank much beer, kept up the house, and just recently began getting serious about what I'm going to do as the next phase of my career.

I've also taken in two excellent concerts. Last Thursday I went to see the Eels. Outstanding. They must have played 25 or 30 songs in their 2 hour set. Rapid fire great music and witty off-the-cuff banter from Mark Everett. On Monday, I went to see The Mountain Goats at a great venue, The Doug Fir Lounge. It's a basement performance space below the great bar I blogged about on St. Patrick's Day. Anyway, the space holds 300 people and it was an intimate affair. Great stuff from John Darnielle. You can download some live songs from the web site to get a taste of his style.

Tomorrow we head to Maine for almost 2 weeks to enjoy lots of beach time, family time and BEER. Yeeah!

I hope your summer is going well. Unless something crazy happens in Maine, I'm taking a 2 week hiatus from the blog. Check back July 7 or 8 for new content.

Cheers.

Oh, and I posted some pictures from my sister's reception in Corydon, Indiana. And, my good friend, MSL, sent Grady and Liam Dartmouth t-shirts since I faithfully wore my Dartmouth sweatshirt in high school at least twice a week. I sent him pictures of them in their new shirts.

No comments: