Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hiatus

I'm taking an undetermined hiatus from blogging. I'm not sure if it will last a couple of days or a few weeks. My lazy summer just isn't blog-worthy, and, frankly, that's how I prefer it.

Thanks for checking in.

Oh, one last thing. I read a really good book I recommend you check out. Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle is a complex and intriguing story about the haves and have nots in Southern California. The Mexican day laborers intersecting with the wealthy gated-community folks. I bought it at the Powells in the Portland Airport because of an employee recommendation hand-written and affixed to the shelf upon which the book sat. It's a commendable practice by Powells City of Books, and yet another reason it's the world's best book store. All hail:





No comments: