- It costs $77,000 to fill a Boeing 737 (20,000 gallons)
- A cross country flight uses 9,000 gallons of fuel, or $34,000
- Average revenue on a cross country flight is $54,000, leaving just $20,000 for maintenance, salaries, food, inspections, etc.
- Each pound shed from a plane saves the company 14,000 gallons of fuel a year!
- American Airlines has 700 planes in its fleet
- They spend $10 billion a year in fuel
- American Airlines uses an average of 95 gallons of fuel each second of every day
Dan Garton, EVP of marketing for American Airlines said, "Seventy-eight percent of our customers fly once a year. And so some of those people may not be able to fly anymore, because we will raise our prices by hook or by crook.” (emphasis is mine)