Wednesday, June 2, 2004

Random

Sold ADBL at a small loss to pick up more FARO when it dipped today. Put Stop orders on all stocks if they get to an 8% loss. I won't look at them until we get back in late July. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

On Monday, I put together a to-do preparation list for the trip. 17 items. I've completed 8 so far. Gettin' there.

Bought a new rolling suitcase. Colleen and I plan to each take one rolling suitcase to Italy -- they're the small ones. 22 inches I think. They fit overhead and under the seats. If we can pack that lightly, I'll be surprised, but it's a good goal.

I'm flattered how much attention our sabbatical is getting from friends and colleagues. It's making me reassess how I react and look forward to other people's trips. It's the same as when people had babies before we had our own. I never knew how good it felt to have someone gush over your kids. I now do that, 1) because I know it makes the parents feel good, but 2) because I genuinely appreciate children more.

No comments: