Friday, October 15, 2004

Rope a dope (UPDATED with pictures)

Man, am I'm beat up. My wife has been out of town for a week, so I've been acting as a single parent to Grady and Liam. I don't know how single parents do it. I mean, I've been able to do nothing outside of working, making breakfast, giving them baths, cooking them dinner, reading them books, picking them up from school, taking them to the bathroom, changing tinkled-on sheets, disciplining them, talking to their teachers, rough housing with them, laughing with them, cleaning up their dinner table, etc. It is a full time job. They're on the go from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Last night on the way home, crossing the Sellwood Bridge, I realized there was a beautiful sunset beginning. I pulled into Sellwood Waterfront Park and took a bunch of pictures of Grady and Liam on the dock, with Portland's cityscape in the background.

Looking north on the Willamette River into downtown Portland


The boys watch a boat go by


River rats


The beloved little Sellwood Bridge into our old neighborhood.





This morning when I was putting shoes on Grady and Liam, Grady began lecturing Liam about his behavior in school yesterday. Liam was a toy hog and bit a classmate. Grady said, "Liam, don't push or bite anyone today. I don't bite or p.... I don't bite anyone." So, I guess Grady has been pushing lately, eh?

Colleen gets home late tonight. Thank God.

Let's go Red Sox, ch ch ch-ch-ch!

No comments: