Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Kitty At My Foot and I Wanna Touch It!

Tid bits:

  • In related news, we were at the local pet store last weekend and they had two white Siamese Cats for sale. Colleen and I both thought one of them looked like our old Weimaraner, Coltrane. Same expression, same eyes, just a different species. Darn our cat allergies! I really would have loved to have that cat romping around our house.

  • Summer is really starting to wane here in Oregon. The last couple of days have been in the high 60s/mid 70s and we got some rain.

  • I hate wallpaper. Having removed it from three rooms in our old house, I thought I was free of that tedious, messy and long process. However, I'm painting our boys' bathroom and needed to remove a Winnie the Pooh border previous owners had put up and we lived with for the last few years. I thought it would be a breeze, but it's my worst wallpaper experience yet. The bottle of Dif wallpaper glue remover even has an asterik to the directions that states border glue will require prolonged soaking and may never come completely off. I spent two and a half hours trying to remove no more than 8 feet of the stuff and am not even half done. Plus, the paint on the wall on which the border was glued is textured, so I can't scrape the paper off -- I have to gently pick it off otherwise I scrape the paint off right to the drywall. Ugh.

No comments: