Friday, November 2, 2007

Won the Series, Lost the Camera

I had the most exciting baseball experience at Game 2 of the World Series. I was lost in the moment and could not have enjoyed myself more. The close nature of Game 2 made it more fun, though the blowout I witnessed in Game 1 was nice too.

I had a few too many beers at Game 2, so in the cab ride home, left my trusty Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom behind. So many great pictures on there from the games, and some that I hadn't downloaded yet from late summer. I held out hope for a few days that it would be returned to me, since I had a sticker on the camera that read: Reward! and then listed my phone number. I guess a $350 camera is just too good to pass up.

Fortunately, just a few days before I lost the Olympus, we had ordered a Canon Powershot S5 IS, a full-sized 8 megapixel camera with great 12X zoom, image stabilization, video, audio, and a whole host of other great upgrades from the lost camera. It is begging for some sweet accessory-lenses for intense zoom capabilities. I figure I'll be set for the next couple of Christmases and birthdays outfitting it with accessories.

We got it last night, and I played with it for a few minutes and am terribly impressed with the clarity of the pictures. I can't wait to master it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.