Monday, June 23, 2008

Helping Hands

Every day on the train there is a young man who rides in the same car as me. He is challenged in some way, as he is in contant motion -- rocking, standing, sitting, hopping, craning his neck, twitching face, etc. Even in the dead of winter when it's 10 degrees outside, he's in a sweatshirt and sweatpants -- the same thing he wears on 90 degree days. And, when he checks the time on his phone, he holds it up so close that it's touching his nose. When he gets off the train, he doesn't walk, but skips. All in all, he is a happy guy who keeps to himself.

Today he was wearing a sweatshirt that read

Helping Hands
Monkey Helpers for the Disabled


That intrigued me, so I searched for it when I got online. Check out this video our local CBS station did on the program. I love the part where the monkey puts the straw in the bottle and also where the monkey washes himself in the sink The Today Show ran a segment too.

No comments: