Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Battle of the Artists

This is Milton and me. Milton goes to a a local Boston school that partners with my company in a Pen Pal program. The photo is from June 2009 when we all met for the first time at a luncheon. Milton is a great kid.

I was happy to be paired up with him again this year, his 5th grade year.



In a letter Milton sent to me this week, he drew me from the photograph. Gosh, I wish I had shaved closer that day in June, because it looks like Milton thinks I have a mustache. Overall, though, I think this is a very good drawing for a 5th grader -- I'd recognize myself if I saw this out of context.


I tried to return the favor, but I'm not sure if he'll like it. It's so hard drawing a face the correct shape. I think I made his face too long, but I like how I captured his mirth.

The drawing reminds me of what you'd see on the wall of a middle school. I think my portrait skills pretty much peaked in 7th or 8th grade. My cursive is that way too.

1 comment:

BeachBum said...

Much better than I ever could have done. I'm done with cursive writing and have been since high school. Block print for me. It helps that you can just type everything out in an email, as well.

Enjoy the holidays!